Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mess on the floor - Bump on the road

If I were to only look at the floor, I don't think that I would believe that I packed anything.

It isn't easy packing with kids. It isn't so much that they take things out of the boxes. Oh, no. My kids are happy to help me pack them. I tell them what to get and they bring it to me. It works out very well.

The problem is...we still live here. I think that it is a problem for everyone when they are packing. It is magnified when kids are involved.

I don't think that I noticed as much last time. Allyssa was barely 2. David, Jr. was 4 months. There simply weren't as many toys. It was also summer. While it was hot outside, we could go outside, at least for part of the day. It has been cold or rainy here many days. Yesterday was nice, so we spent most of the day outside. Most days though are spent inside.

None of the kids are in school. I think that would help. At least they wouldn't have to be occupied literally 7 days a week at home if they were in school.

This means that not all the toys can be put away yet. I have packed some of them, but not all.

I have also packed some of the kitchen, but while buying paper plates and throw away cups would allow me to pack those things, it would also mean that I'd have to buy paper goods. I'm sure that for a couple of days we'll do that, but I'd rather not do that for 2 weeks.

So, each day, I pack at least one box. I figure that each day I can find something that we don't use so often that we'd miss it too much for the remaining time.

Meanwhile, as I pack, the underwriters are getting loans ready to go. Our loan officer for our new house is AMAZING! He is fast. He has everything ready so that as soon as the first paycheck comes in from Our Savior and our home here in Sealy sells, things will MOVE.

Sadly, the buyer for our home here in Sealy does not have as great of a lender. From what I gather, they been in underwriting for 3 days. The closing date is set for the 14th. That should be plenty of time to finish things up, but the underwriter wants to wait until the 21st. Boo. That would mean an extra week of commuting and also would mean that it might mess up things with moving as well because we can only lease-back this house until the 25th, but closing might not be able to happen that quickly on the new house if we push anything back. Maybe it could, I don't know how quick quick is.

Boo. So here's hoping that my insistence that we close on the 14th will matter. I'm not sure if underwriters care if people insist. It is quite possible that he'll roll his eyes and carry on at his normal SLOW pace. Let's hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment