Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Perfect Momma

 Darcie over at Such the Spot had this little gem in her blog today:
"The two littles had a dentist appointment this morning and as I drove there I practiced in my head what I’d say to the you-really-need-to-floss chastising.  In my head, it sounded something like: We eat organic to ward off cancer.  Whole grains!  No high fructose corn syrup!  Only thirty minutes of screen time each day.  Story time and devotionals.  They make their beds and take out the trash and put away their clean clothes.  They have chores–responsibility!  We memorize Bible verses and we eat dinner around the table and we’re up to date on immunizations.  Seat belts and bicycle helmets and BPA free and at least eight hours of sleep each and every single night.  No unnecessary medications and plenty of fluids.  Paraben free lotions.  I sacrificed the flossing, okay?  Forgive me the flossing!"

It was part of a post with a different theme, but I thought about my list of what we do and don't. Here's my version of her paragraph:


We eat lots of fruits and vegetables every day. We don't eat many processed foods. Less than 15 minutes of TV each day, usually none. We read books all the time and do devotions every night. They play well together and are nice to each other. We eat dinner at the table. We use seat belts and bicycle helmets every time. They spend tons of time outdoors! We are BPA free, and they go to sleep at 7pm. We try to medicate as little as possible and are up to date on immunizations. We brush and floss every single night, but what the heck is a paraben?!!

Anyways, I thought it was funny. I guess I'm going to go swagbuck paraben and find out why the heck I shouldn't use it, if we even do.

No comments:

Post a Comment