Last night as David was packing to go to a conference, and he asked me if I remembered what was going on a year ago this weekend.
This is not a usual question from him. It had me totally stumped, but I gave it a try. I thought in terms of life events.
Not what he was getting at. He was thinking about this:
He had just finished putting up the back splash in our old kitchen. It was the last part of the kitchen remodel.
If I could have brought part of that house to this house, it would have been the kitchen. David did all the work himself, most of it while I was pregnant with Kaytlin. This last part was done shortly before Kaytlin's first birthday, but he made sure that it was totally functional after just a couple of days. We had a painted back splash for about a year while we saved for the tile.
He did the tile work while I was visiting my parents, and I came home surprised.
It was a good surprise.

No comments:
Post a Comment