Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Getting Better

I have a feeling that my little strong willed girl won't hold out much longer. Last night she was put in the corner during supper for telling me no. Time was added for telling me that she wouldn't go to the corner. Supper ended while she was in the corner. Her plate was refrigerated for a bedtime snack. Meanwhile, I made chocolate pudding for David's snack. Later, Allyssa got put in the corner for telling Daddy no. More time was added for saying no to going in the corner. She missed most of snack time, cried about pudding, ate her green beans, and said that she didn't want to miss out on yummy snacks. That's the price you pay. At our house, if you go to the corner during supper, we don't wait for you. If you go to the corner during pick up toys time, you have to pick up toys alone, and you miss some snack time. If you go to the corner after snack, you loose books at bedtime. It is tough being three. I'm sure hoping that she gives up the fight soon. Watching kids eat pudding is funny to me. Until then, I'll just keep repeating my mantra, "I am more strong willed than you are." Just kidding, that's really not my mantra, but it might as well have been yesterday. Today my mantra might sound more like this, "I can stay awake. I can stay awake."

No comments:

Post a Comment