I hate health insurance.
I don't hate having it. I hate the lying they do.
They say, "Your deductible is XXXX amount." Then you pay XXXX amount and find that you are still paying, so you give them a call. "Well, while your deductible is XXXX, after you reach that per person, you still pay 20% of everything on that one person. The other people are still paying the higher percentage until you reach your family deductible and your out of pocket expenses for the year."
Pretty soon you're up over $6000 for the year in medical expenses, you're still paying $200 a month on hospital bills, lab work bills for blood work keep rolling in at around $25 a pop, and your pregnant wife hasn't even had her kid yet.
Lovely.
Why can't they just tell me how much I actually have to pay? You know, something like, "You'll actually have to reach YYYYY before you're done paying for the year."
I wonder how people with long-term health issues survive the medical bills. Maybe their insurance works differently than mine, or maybe they are just as frustrated with it as I am.
Either way, it would be nice if the deductible amount that the insurance companies tell you was actually what you pay.
Not so much the case though.
This is why I hate health insurance.
No comments:
Post a Comment