Allyssa's class at school is making minion pumpkins to go along with her teacher's minion scarecrow for our Octoberfest.
I scoured Pintrest hoping to find a step-by-step instruction on how to make a minion, but I came up empty.
Here's what I did!
I gathered all my supplies. A pumpkin, some tulle and ribbon for accessories because our minion is a girl, some yarn for the braids because our minion wears braids like a certain 6 year old does, and paint.
I used 6 strands of yard for each braid.
I cut a length of ribbon then tied lengths of tulle around it so that the knot was in the middle, making a fuller tutu.
Allyssa and I both painted the pumpkin yellow. Then, we waited for it to dry. Acrylic paint works well for pumpkins. Then, I made an outline of an open mouth in black. Then we both painted a strip of white on the top and bottom of the mouth. Using the back end of the brush, we made the lines to show the teeth. Then, we added a blob of red to be the tongue, and filled in the rest with black. Then, we let the mouth dry.
I used the backside of the mason jar lid to paint an eye ball onto. I hot glued it into the lid and secured it by hot gluing the back of the lid in as well. I hot glued an 8 inch piece ribbon onto the lid on each side, then, hot glued it to the pumpkin's side. I hot glued the braids on top. Then hot glued on the tutu.
Good luck making your minion!
No comments:
Post a Comment