On Wednesday, David came home right around 5pm from a 3 day conference in Austin. He came home to a dead-on-her-feet wife who didn't feel well. He wound up finishing supper while I dealt with a little girl who was too excited that Daddy was coming home to pee and had an accident. (I got the easier end of the deal because I could sit while she cleaned up her own mess.) I took one bite of the wonderful meal that David had made and then excused myself for a 1 and a half hour nap. He took care of everything from feeding to nebulizer treatment to picking up toys and reading books that night. Then just before 7, he apologetically excused himself asking me to do prayers and put them to bed while he went back to work. He worked for 4 1/2 more hours before coming home.
On Thursday, I felt a lot better. I was able to do the things that I needed to do, but not much else. I got supper on the table and everything. :)
Friday, David took his day off. He spent the day playing with the kids and let me have a nap. Somehow, he also found time to mow the lawn.
Saturday, he was up at 6 and by the time I saw him again at 9 he'd led a Lion's Club meeting and done an hour's worth of work at church. After Allyssa's soccer game, that he did not miss and cheered her on at, he headed back to work until lunch. His lunch was shorter than normal has he had a memorial service that afternoon. He came home to help feed the kids, but didn't eat himself because we had Bible Study at our house that night. Friends came over and we ate and had a good time and spent some time in the Word. After they left, he worked for another 3 or 4 hours before coming to bed.
Sunday, he took us out to lunch. He let me have a nap. He helped make supper. I felt terrible again, so he let me rest in the evening while he took care of chores and kids who wouldn't go to sleep.
From Wednesday to Sunday he helped out in ways that are not always normal (helping prepare meals, tending to kids who won't sleep, cleaning things that I often clean). He didn't do it because today is Mother's Day. He did it because he loves me. His week was a busy one, but even though he was busy, he made sure to make sure that the kids and I were lovingly taken care of.
So to my husband on Mother's Day, I say thank you for seeing what your wife and kids need every day and providing it for us every day of the week. Without you, of course, I wouldn't have a Mother's Day to celebrate.
No comments:
Post a Comment