Thursday, May 19, 2011

What Earth are you from?

Nope this isn't about NASA's recent find.

It is about Grandma and Papa.

I might have asked a similar question when I was about 15 or so...

This one came from Allyssa this morning.

"Mommy, what Earth are Grandma and Papa from?"

Cracks me up.

Okay, so back story is that she was watching a video that had several planets on the screen. She found the one that is Earth. I've told her in the past that that is where we live. I guess I missed telling her that that is where everyone lives, so really she just asked a logical question. You know Sealy is on this Earth; Sadler is on that one. Goofy kid.

Well whatever Earth these folks that she call Grandma and Papa are from, I'm a fan. They spent four days watching our little ones while we took off. They fed them, changed them, took them to the bathroom, bathed them. They took them to the park, the zoo, the local state park, the Bass Pro Shops (that's a big deal to a certain little boy). They played in the pool in our yard. They went on walks, went to church, had a picnic. I'm sure that by the end of the 4 days Grandma and Papa were tired. Tired but well loved by two little munchkins who adore them. And David and I. We couldn't go on trips without the kids without them. They don't look on it as a chore, but enjoy it.

I asked David on our way back if Mom and Dad could handle three kids next year. I know they could but just wanted to talk about our next trip. He smiled and said, "No, but they'll do it anyway." I replied, "That's what I think about me, too." He laughed and said we'd be fine.

And we will...as long as Grandma and Papa come back in about a year to watch a 5 year old, 3 1/2 year old, and a 1 year old while this tired momma slips away for a few days to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment