Monday, May 2, 2011

When do you clean your house?

That was the question I was asked by a complete stranger today.

Of course a mom with 2 kids aged almost 4 and 2 doesn't have time to clean her house.

I started with sarcasm.

I don't clean.

She asked if I have a maid service.

Then, I realized that she believed me, and that I should tell her when I actually clean my house.

Sundays before church I try to vacuum. My kids actually don't mind watching me scrub the tub. They pretend to help me. I can sometimes wipe down the sink counters while my daughter goes to the bathroom or when I use mouthwash. I put dishes in the dishwasher after meals or after the kids go to bed. Laundry is done throughout the day because I line dry it. I do 1 to 3 loads a day depending on the sunshine and how quickly I can get it going. I sweep the floors in the main part of the house weekly. I sweep under David's chair daily or every other day.

If I need to sweep under the couch or vacuum in the non-trafficked areas, then I do that on David's day off while he plays with the kids.

Yes, my house gets cleaned. It isn't spotless on any given day, but I do actually get to get some cleaning done.

Yes, I have 2 children. Yes, I am still able to function. Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment