Monday, May 23, 2011

Yesterday might have been the best day ever.

The church service yesterday was, well, lengthy. It wasn't because of a long sermon. David actually had to cut his sermon a little short b/c of the all the activity. It was preschool graduation (that takes place at the beginning of the service and takes about 20 minutes from what I guess). There was an baptism. Yay for that! There was adult confirmation/transfer of a member. (Yay for that, too!) That's a lot of stuff. The kids were fairly well behaved. I can't really expect a miracle to happen there. They are kids. There is just one of me and two of them. (I might be in trouble with three.) They didn't ever get upset really, but one of them was extra squirmy. The children's message was awesome. Allyssa remembered to sit, most of the time. (She gets a little excited to see herself on the screen at church.) David sat next to David, Sr. like a big boy. (Yay!) I sat in a nearby pew, just in case. After church the kids enjoyed their lollipop that has become a tradition after church. (Daddy keeps those in his office for good boys and girls.) Then we had some cake to celebrate with our friends who graduated from preschool. Once we got home, we had lunch. I took a nap on the couch during David's nap. After nap time we had popcicles outside. After popcicles, the kids played in the pool. They played pretty well. Then we had a yummy supper of Ham Alfredo (my own creation). After the kids went to bed, David and I caught up on back episodes of Castle (thank you hulu).

I'm sure that that post doesn't seem like the makings of a best day ever, but with happy kids and such a relaxing afternoon, for me, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment