Ham and Spinach Quiche
I don't use a traditional pie crust for quiche. I make my own potato and onion crust. This is how:
Chop 2 medium potatoes
Chop 1/4 cup of onion
Put these two items in a blender and blend until it looks like mashed potatoes (very, very fine). If your blender can't do that, it is okay. It won't mess up the quiche. (You might consider getting a ninja. I have an older model and LOVE it!)
Put dollops of margarine on the top. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Top will be golden.
Quiche:
4 eggs
2 cups canned evaporated milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 cup onion
1 cup chopped ham
1/2 cup chopped spinach (thawed and drained or fresh)
1 cup cheese (I used Colby Jack today, but you can use any kind you have on hand)
Mix all of these items in a blender (I used the ninja). Pour on top of cooked potato crust. Bake in a 300 degree oven for 45 minutes or until center feels like cooked eggs and doesn't jiggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment