Friday, July 15, 2011

How is it...

...that some of the toughest weeks for me as a grown up are the weeks that the kids are the sweetest?

I'm not sure the answer to that, but I'm glad to see their happiness and optimism.

I broke a kitchen cabinet today. Really didn't need that. I was hoping they'd last a few more years until we got the medical bills from this year behind us. I'm not sure if we'll replace them right now or just leave it be, but either way, I'm not really thrilled. Allyssa's response: Daddy will fix it. He's got a lot of tools.

I love her optimism. I, on the other hand, am a little pessimistic about this one. I don't think that particle board fixes very well.

Allyssa can think just the opposite about things that are totally fixable though. Today (yes, the same day), she threw away her stick horse because its head fell off. The head can totally be put back on. I had her get it out of the trash. Silly girl. Horses can be fixed!

No comments:

Post a Comment