...are sure amazing!
Yesterday, we had to go to the Toyota dealership to get a warranty issue on our car fixed (the roof runner flew off somewhere and needed to be replaced). Since the warranty will only last for a couple thousand more miles, I finally got around to getting it scheduled. Two kids in a car dealership for an hour sounds like it might be a little rough. Nope. Piece of cake. I pulled out the snacks. They ate. I pulled out a TAG Reader book; they read. I pulled out a coloring book; they colored. They never got out of their chairs. We were done. Are you kidding me? Nope. There's more.
Today, we went to the dentist. Allyssa had an appointment. Last year, she cried and screamed before we ever got to the room. Today, she got to the room alright, but did not want to sit in the chair. The chairs do look a little weird all covered in plastic. I told her that she could either sit in my lap or sit on the chair. She chose my lap, so we both sat on the chair. The hygienist talked to her about random things, counted her teeth, brushed her teeth (she didn't like the rinsing), and sent the dentist in. The dentist did a great job of getting the kids warmed up to him. He counted her teeth, and we were done. I would say that that is a huge improvement from last year. No cavities were evident. Next time we'll do X-rays. What did David do the whole time that Allyssa sat in my lap? He sat in the guest chair. The whole time. 45 minutes. He talked to us, the dentist, and the hygienist. He watched Allyssa a lot. He took off his shoes. He'd brought his own toothbrush with him, so he did what any bored kid would do and brushed the chair. Oh well. They gave him a new toothbrush for being good a patience.
What good kids they've been!!
No comments:
Post a Comment