We were looking for shells, and we found several. One of my favorites was a slightly broken spiral one. It isn't often that you find an intact spiral shell, so since this one was only slightly broken, I really liked it.
Allyssa found a piece of a shell that had a hole in it. She said, "God made this one with a hole in it! He is so awesome!" I couldn't agree more. She was very indiscriminate about the shells that she picked up. Oddly enough though, she didn't always like the ones that I picked up.
Another favorite find of mine was a piece of a sand dollar. I looked at South Padre for those when we'd go there, but never found one. I was thrilled to find a partial one at Bryan Beach.
David, Sr. discovered clams in the sand. We had fun watching them dig back down into the sand. Occasionally, we'd see a foot stick out trying to find some sand to dig in. If you click on this picture, you can see the foot sticking out of the shell.
No comments:
Post a Comment