Friday, September 9, 2011

Peeing in public

Today at the park and woman (presumably a grandmother) with her three grandsons took the middle child to a tree (carried him) and assisted him in peeing on the ground by the tree.

A bathroom was right there, not 15 feet away!

As a mother of a boy who is potty training, I know that finding a toilet in a hurry is sometimes an issue. I ran to a toilet today carrying my son.

I do, however, find it important to teach boys that keeping their penis in their pants is something that we do. It is vulgar to pee in public.

On three different occasions with different mothers, I've been around little boys who dropped their pants, much to their mother's surprise, in public and peed.

I can understand that these things happen occasionally, especially when the boy has been somewhere where there are no bathroom and peeing on the ground was truly the only option (like hiking or boating, etc).

This was not the case here though. We were in a park, and the toilet was within range.

It was not that the woman didn't know where the toilet was, in fact 10 minutes later she took the same child to the toilet to do what she deemed inappropriate to do at a tree. At least she has some standards.

I posted on Facebook today that I wasn't really thrilled about the happenings at the park. For some reason, I got resistance. Really? Suddenly it is okay to pee in public?

As a mother teaching both her girl and boy children modesty, I'll try to keep my boys pants up at the park and hope for toilets close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment