We had a great Labor Day! When Allyssa woke up I told her that it was a holiday and that Daddy had the day off. She said, "Wow! That's great! Daddy usually doesn't get holidays off!" I had to smile at how quickly she picks up on things. On non-church holidays, he usually goes in at least half a day if not the whole thing. This holiday though, he took the day off. He took us to the zoo. I forgot to bring the camera. It was such a nice day outside that the zoo was packed! I think it might have been more full than when school groups were there last spring or even the Zoo Boo last Halloween. We had a great time though. After the zoo, he took us to our favorite restaurant (with the kids, Chuy's is our favorite without the kids), Chick-fil-A. We'd been doing picnics at the park outside the zoo, but he got a gift card to Chick-fil-A for his birthday, so he treated us. They had balloons, so it was a great time there as well!
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Labor Day
We had a great Labor Day! When Allyssa woke up I told her that it was a holiday and that Daddy had the day off. She said, "Wow! That's great! Daddy usually doesn't get holidays off!" I had to smile at how quickly she picks up on things. On non-church holidays, he usually goes in at least half a day if not the whole thing. This holiday though, he took the day off. He took us to the zoo. I forgot to bring the camera. It was such a nice day outside that the zoo was packed! I think it might have been more full than when school groups were there last spring or even the Zoo Boo last Halloween. We had a great time though. After the zoo, he took us to our favorite restaurant (with the kids, Chuy's is our favorite without the kids), Chick-fil-A. We'd been doing picnics at the park outside the zoo, but he got a gift card to Chick-fil-A for his birthday, so he treated us. They had balloons, so it was a great time there as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment