Monday, September 19, 2011

Thoughts at 31 weeks

At this point in my pregnancy I don't know whether to panic and try to get everything done or simply resolve that it won't all get done.

I've told Allyssa about what will happen when the baby comes. She's asked me lots of questions about that. I have a list of about 20 people (most of whom don't know that they're on my list) for David to call if I have an emergency C-section. Here's the plan:

Most likely I will have gone to the doctor in the morning by myself while Allyssa is at school and David, Jr. is at someone's house. (If it is this Thursday though the kids will be with David, Sr.) I'll find out that I'm having a C-section later in the day, probably at the end of the doctor's workday, so around 5pm. I'll let David, Sr. know. He'll make arrangements for the kids (by calling as many of those 20 or so people until someone says that they can help us) and come to see his third child born. If we can, we'll have our normal babysitter help us out at our house by feeding them, giving them their medicines, and putting them to bed. Since she's helped us out with everything except Allyssa's nebulizer treatment before, this would be a best-case scenario. The trick would be getting the kids to our house from wherever they are. That might her simply coming over after school, and David, Sr. leaving for the hospital then. It might be more difficult than that though. After the baby is born, as long as we're all okay, he'll come home (or pick up the kids) and put the kids to bed. He probably won't be able to come see me or the baby until my mom is able to come. Thankfully, Mom just lives about 6 hours away, so she can be here fairly soon. She'll just have to run home to get some clothes. I figure that at the latest she'll be around by noon the next day. Just one day of craziness.

I guess I should get the carseat cleaned at least. I need to get a bag packed for the hospital.

I dreamed last night that at my doctor appointment that I found out that I had protein in my urine. I'm hoping that that stays just a nightmare and never happens. It would be awesome if I made it far enough that we had to schedule a C-section, and I went in on a set date. I don't know what that's like. It would be nice to get to plan to have help instead of not having a clue when the baby will come. I guess that most people who go into labor have that problem. The hard part is that I could get sick anytime now or I could be healthy for 7 more weeks. The window of when this baby could be born is just so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment