Friday, September 30, 2011
Awful things circulating the internet
Recently, I saw the following post on Facebook. It really bothers me. It bothers me because you'd better not, she's is just 16 (#30); I don't really think anyone should be wearing a bikini (#6); and Becky Mae ought to put some clothes on or her father isn't going to let her leave the house (#2).
Where do we get off deciding that young girls should dress scantily? Seriously! I simply don't understand why people think that girls need to wear such little clothing to be seen. A girl can look very pleasing to the eye without being naked. Being raised in Texas my whole life, I am nothing but a southern girl. I understand that the author was trying to be humorous, but shouldn't southern men be man enough to stand up for a young girl's decency? Isn't that what is so pleasing about the idea of a southern man? Good character with dirt under his nails is what I grew up thinking men were supposed to be like. It isn't that I want men to be whimpy, oh no, not at all. Men should be men, not feminized versions like what Hollywood thinks a man should be. However, being a child molester (#16) or a porn addict (#6) really disqualifies anyone from being on my list of real men. Oh, and let's throw in a comment on #1 for good measure. Alcoholics aren't on my list either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment