Here's what's up this week:
1. David, Jr. had surgery on the cyst on his eye/nose on Monday. It went well. He is healing wonderfully. He no longer complains of pain. He did the day of and the day after, but Tylenol during the day and Tylenol with codeine at night fixed that right up.
2. David, Jr. has been potty training, or as the kids sometimes will say "on the potty train." He got to pick out big boy underwear at the store today. He calls them "underwears." He does not pee in them. Hopefully he'll quit pooping in them. He is VERY proud of himself, but he does not want to be rewarded with stickers or fruit snacks (a rare treat in our house).
3. Allyssa started being disciplined with tickets. When she does something on her list of target misbehaviors, she looses a ticket. If she looses all her tickets she goes to her room for the rest of the day and gets to go to bed early. So far she hasn't lost all of her tickets. The problem we have is that we started with just one misbehavior on the list. Some days, she refuses to obey us a lot. Most days, she obeys us all the time and never gets in trouble at all. Of course when we start the tickets program, she behaves. We're going to add a misbehavior to her list and see if we can nip that one in the bud as well. Good bye whining.
4. We had a school supply drive through my MOPS group. I talked with several parents who needed the supplies in the past few weeks. Today I took one last load up to the school. The lady that I gave the supplies to was so incredibly grateful. She told me that she's received so many phone calls this year from people needing help. She almost made me cry. This year is a hard one for our community as a lot of people have been laid off from their jobs. This school supply drive has been such a blessing to my heart.
5. My mom came into town for a visit. The kids LOVE it when she comes, and so do we. They did a lot of playing and reading books. Meanwhile, my in-laws moved to China this week.
6. Allyssa discovered that she can play in the ditch and on the other side of the ditch since it is so dry and the grass in the ditch is mowed. (The ditch, as we call it, is actually a drainage route for our neighborhood. It is right beside our house. When we first looked at the house, I said that I wasn't even willing to go inside because of the ditch. I was certain it would flood. After doing some asking around, turns out that the ditch isn't a problem at all. I'm sure that we could have worse neighbors.)
7. We're having a garage sale. I'm excited to clean out a box or two that I can use to store other stuff in. :) I've got six or seven 22 gallon totes worth of stuff in my garage waiting for tomorrow. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment