My list of things to do still before the baby is born is incredibly long. So long in fact that I try just not to think about it.
I'm at 28 weeks. That means that in just 5 weeks I'll be at the point where Allyssa was born. In just 9 weeks I'll be at the point where David was born. I'd love to make it 10 more weeks, but I'm not going to hold my breath that that will happen.
As I did with my second pregnancy, I'm going to make sure to have everything ready by 33 weeks. Well, ready enough. Here's my ready enough list:
1. David moved to Allyssa's room
2. Preemie clothes washed
3. Crib put together
4. Put the rocker back in the baby room
Sadly, moving David to Allyssa's room is a task that seems daunting. How do you fit two kids in a 10x10 room? It wouldn't be nearly as hard if I was willing to do bunk beds right now, but I'm not going to because David still sleeps in a crib. I'm going to keep it that way for as long as I can. That means that Allyssa is in a twin bed against one wall. David is in a crib against that wall and the one adjacent to it, pushed up against Allyssa's bed. One dresser is in the room. One dresser is in the closet. I don't know where toys will go. I've already packed up two 18 gallon (I thought they were 22 gallon, so if I've talked about these totes before, I was wrong about the size) totes of toys to be put in the attic. One of the totes is not packed full. I intend to pack it full in the next couple of days. So far the kids haven't noticed.
I feel really badly about David having to be in a room with green walls and a purple stripe with purple curtains. We're not repainting though. He'll have to tough it out until the baby is old enough to be in the same room as her sister. Then, he'll move back to his blue walled room with orange stripe.
I also need to give some maternity clothes back to a friend of mine who lent them to me. I tried really hard not to wear most of them so that I wouldn't stain them. I have worn one shirt once and the denim shorts almost every day. I have one pair of denim shorts, but they don't fit as well as the ones that she has. She's expecting again, so I'll need to be giving those back soon. Thankfully she still fits into her clothes right now because I don't know if you've noticed, but it is hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment