Well, I wasn't planning on starting potty training before the new baby came. I really wasn't planning on starting just days before David's surgery.
We started anyways. The reasons really bug me, so I'll refrain from complaining about that.
It is going really well. Because of David's surgery on Monday, we did not take him out of diapers. We didn't feel like that would be fair to him.
Yesterday, he peed in the potty himself. He was so excited and didn't have any accidents the rest of the day. Today was very much the same. We went to a park, so I took along the toilet. He didn't want anything to do with it at the park, but that's okay. The park had a splash pad, so I'm not sure if he had an accident or not since he was in a swim diaper. Other than that, he peed in the toilet all day.
He is really excited about it. He says, "2 points!" when he is finished. It is really funny because he came up with that himself. The most difficult part about training him is that he wants to go when he has no pee. He loves the attention! I wasn't planning on giving him a reward besides stickers on a sticker chart on the bathroom wall, but I had to figure out a way to get him out of the bathroom. He didn't want to leave. He's had candy, so M&Ms were out. I don't buy fruit snacks, so that's what I choose. He gets 2 pieces from a fruit snack pack in the kitchen (see, he's now out of the bathroom). Once he's done eating those, he wants to try to pee again. Not for more fruit snacks, although he likes them, but for more attention. I have to really encourage him to wait, or I have to use any distraction method I can because he really doesn't have any more pee.
Anyways, it is going well. Allyssa says that we're now, "on the potty train." Yay for successes!
No comments:
Post a Comment