Monday, August 29, 2011

Menu Monday!

Here is how last week went. We added DiGiorno pizza the list and then had leftovers a couple of nights because the refrigerator was getting so full.
Last week's menu:
Monday: Upside Down Pizza

Tuesday: Quiche
Wednesday: Mexican Casserole with chips
Thursday: Lasagna
Friday: Chicken and Egg pot pie
Saturday: burritos with rice
Sunday: Canneloni
The things in red I actually made.

I have discovered that we are eating less of the main dish and more salad. I think it has to do with the croutons and the hard boiled egg. It really helps the salad a lot. That and we were probably over doing it on the main dish anyways. That means that there is at least one leftover night that needs to be worked into the schedule. So here is what this week's menu looks like.

Monday: I don't know what to call it. It is my canelloni recipe, but I didn't have the right kind of noodles, so I mixed the stuff that you stuff into lasagna noodles with bow tie pasta and topped it with the red sauce. It is new, so we'll see what we think.
Tuesday: Texas Beef Skillet (except with ground turkey sausage of course)
Wednesday: Shepherd's Pie
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Mom's Night Out
Saturday: Chicken Kiev Casserole (this is my own invention)
Sunday: Italian Biscuit Bake

Tonight's is in the fridge waiting to be cooked, so we're totally having it! Yum! I'm sure that it will be great. What can beat a pasta filled with cream cheese, mozzerella, sausage, and spices and topped with homemade spaghetti sauce?

No comments:

Post a Comment