Friday, August 26, 2011

Health update

I have gestational diabetes. I failed the test by 4 points, although it is interesting to note that if my doctor would have been the other one in the office, I would have passed because her numbers are 5 points higher than my doctor's numbers.

There is a theory that links preeclampsia to gestational diabetes. Great. Thanks.

If you can't prove your stupid theory, keep it to yourself. It is as if you think that me freaking out about needles and the risk of preeclampsia isn't enough, now you have to go and make me wonder if the two are connected and if I'll be sicker because of it. I appreciate that. I'm sure that the increased stress caused by all of this is wonderful for the preeclampsia.

I'm ready for this pregnancy to be over. I'm at 27 1/2 weeks. 5 1/2 more weeks to go until when Allyssa was born. 9 1/2 more weeks to go until David was born. I'm just ready to be done. The stress is too much.

Oh and if you want to talk about this, please just tell your own spouse, friend, or random person on the street. I don't care to discuss it. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment